Re: [avr-chat] Strange problem with ATMega32A-PU

From: Graham Davies
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Strange problem with ATMega32A-PU
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:59:47 -0400

Gjermund Stensrud wrote:

> Another thing that has changed with newer
> versions of the AVR chips is the Watchdog ...

But, the OP has told us exactly what chip he is using.  This is a backward-compatible version of a old chip, not one of the newer designs.  If there was a change in watchdog operation, it would be noted in the migration guide, which the OP claims to have studied.

> I'm not sure about this particular chip ...

So, why not find out before posting?  In the ATmega32(L/A) family, the watchdog is disabled at reset.

Graham.

P.S.  I don't think I'm usually this grouchy.