Re: [avr-chat] Strange problem with ATMega32A-PU

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Strange problem with ATMega32A-PU
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 14:26:44 +0530

Hi, all,

Well I discovered a solder bridge from a MCU pin to ground.

Probably that was hanging my MCU ? Strange, the 'L' version chip did not hang.

After removing the bridge, the board works with any chip (32/L/A).

Perhaps, this means that the 'L' version chips are more resilient
towards pin current overloads/shorts (only the 'A' chips hung).

--Royce