Re: [avr-chat] Strange problem with ATMega32A-PU

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Strange problem with ATMega32A-PU
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:52:45 +0530

Thanks, Graham,

If you're asking "Have you set the CKSEL fuse bits correctly to your
required frequency ?", Yes I have !

This is the first check I do if something is fishy - the H & L fuse bytes.

Usually with wrong CKSEL fuses, only stuff that is timing dependent
(LCD / USART etc) doesn't work. Rest of the stuff (like a beep when I
press a key, Relays etc) function, though the timing is out.

Same with the OSCAL byte, if you forget to initialise it.

Anyways this is stuff common to both M32L & M32A, & my project (its an
old project, programmed into many M32L's) works fine in an M32L or
M16L.

But this time, like I've said it works only when I disable my
interrupts, (besides the interrupt / tick dependent stuff).

I get a stable welcome message on my LCD etc., which was earlier dead
or displaying garbage.

The mystery remains.

--Royce.