[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:15:51 +0200 (CEST)

> RE: binary version
>
> We do have a binary version available but it only seems to work on Redhat 9.
> Visit axiom.tenkan.org for the executable binary.
>
> Does anyone know what would be needed to create a statically linked lisp?

For RedHat distributions, you should also create an RPM.
I understand that all this is quite a burdern, but I really think that
this should be your highest priority now that Axiom compiles for you.

> The whole "configure, make, make install" has an underlying assumption
> that you are working in C. We're working mostly in Lisp. In theory I should
> be using lisp defsystem rather than makefiles.

Yet, ./configure, make, make install is the (GNU) standard for other
languages too. GNU Emacs is written in lisp too...