[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 06:42:29 -0400

Joris,

Re: rpms

An rpm is coming. Documentation is my highest priority (Bill Page
did an Axiom tutorial using TeXmacs. Your feedback is welcome).
My schedule is more shortest-job-first so minor changes happen
in a reasonable amount of time. I'm unskilled in making rpms
so I have to try making a few first anyway.

Re: configure

I'll understand your point and will consider it further.

Re: sorry

Don't worry. If you have problems and you are an experienced
"build-from-sources" user then we have more work to do.
I appreciate your feedback.

Re: removing mnt/linux

I suppose the "make install" should make the AXIOM variable disappear.
The "axiom" command is supposed to be a shell script and will be again
in the future. I need to change this soon so it'll be on the shortest
job list.

Re: "last really stable version of gcc"

Yeah, I understand. I'm in a struggle to compile Magnus which is a
huge C++ program that died of code-rot because some damn fool
decided to change the C++ language "standard". But my attitude is
that you have to keep up with the changes so I really have no choice
but to buy a new C++ book, get educated, and rewrite the code. Pain,
pain, endless pain.