RE: [Axiom-developer] problems with accessing wiki.axiom-developer.org

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] problems with accessing wiki.axiom-developer.org
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:10:08 -0500

On March 31, 2006 6:06 PM Tim Daly (root) wrote:

> The axiom-developer.org server is back online.
> I've signed up for a nightly backup service in the unlikely
> event of a server crash :-)

Great. Thanks, Tim!

   Do you feel a little like being held hostage? ;)

Anyway, local backup makes very good sense. But I still think
we should have a live mirror for this site - one with the same
content but in a different physical location (Europe?). There
is software available for Zope that would allow us to keep the
two site in synch with each other.

Also, I remain very concerned about how the Axiom Community
should be sharing the cost for this server. I think it would
be great if we could find a corporate/institutional sponsor
who would be willing to contribute to the cost.

Thanks again, Tim.