Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] Re: exports and constants

From: Christian Aistleitner
Subject: Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] Re: exports and constants
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:14:05 +0200

Hello,

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:21:03 +0200, root <address@hidden> wrote:

I agree, .asy or Foam is better than C or LISP, for what you are
considering. But Ralf considered looking into the compiler sources. The
discussion has now drifted towards "I do not need the sources; I simply
compile to <some Language> and get the required information by mysolf".
Thereby, I guess you are barking up the wrong tree.

I might mention that the lisp output would be significantly easier
to parse and maintain.

If you pursue the "I do not need the sources; I simply compile to <some Language> and get the required information by myself" idea, I'd still think asy or Foam are better than LISP or C.

Obviously, C is worst solution, as it is hard to parse.
But asy, foam, asd LISP files are all more or less in LISP syntax. And asy and foam even use only a proper subset of the langauge. And the needed inforamiotn is presented more adequately IMHO.

You want a simple parser. I fully agree. But parsing asy or foam is probably even easier than parsing LISP.

--
Kind regards,
Christian