[Axiom-developer] Re: Aldor translations

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Aldor translations
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 03:19:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> wrote:

> Do you think it would be a bad idea to produce a symbolic library for
> Axiom and make it available to C programmers by simply targetting C
> as the Aldor output?

No, if it is indeed as simple as that.  I didn't realize the algebra
code in Axiom could be made to work without the interp behind it - I
think that was the incorrect assumption I was making.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to get the same behavior of the code
in two different language translations, but I guess that is up to the
Aldor system.

Cheers,
CY