Re: [Axiom-developer] (Possible) reasons Axiom didn't appeal to SoC code

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] (Possible) reasons Axiom didn't appeal to SoC coders...
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:57:44 -0400

C Y,

I can't resist "jumping" at the conclusion of your last email...
Quoting C Y <address@hidden>:

... Martin, is the most important thing for you to have available a
Windows binary with the Guess package successfully installed?
I can see where we might be able to put together a NSIS based
installer of a merger of the latest build-improvements, the
Guess package and maybe Emacs as a GUI for Windows, if that
would help,

Yes, that is very easy to accomplish.
but getting to the point where we can be reasonably sure of not
running into the same sort of issue that originally caused the
problems with the Guess package is (IMO) a ways down the road. (Not that I'm qualified to have an opinion - Tim, Gaby, or
Waldek would be a much better source.)

I would not anticipate any problems at all - especially if we
can merge changes from wh-sandbox back into build-improvements.
I might be able to take a stab at compiling a Windows release,
but I'd be starting from square one and I'm not completely sure
I'll have access to a Windows box.  If that would be a very
significant help, I will look into it - let me know.

I hope Martin says "yes". Surely you can find a Windows box down
at the K-mart for not much money. ;) And I as I have said several
times before: I have done this before and I would be very glad
to help someone do it again.