Re: [Axiom-developer] differences wh-sandbox andbuild-improvements

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] differences wh-sandbox andbuild-improvements
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:59:30 +0200 (CEST)

Bill Page wrote:
> Why not? It is not necessary to build gcl as part of the Axiom
> build - just install the windows binary for gcl, like other users
> Windows do.

Is there a binary version of gcl suitable for Axiom developement?
The latest binary I see is 2.6.6, but AFAIK with 2.6.6 we are
getting errors which vanish if we use 2.6.7 or 2.6.8.

Also, can one install gcl without affecting existing Mingw
installation (the gcl readme claims that on Windows gcl
need a specific, rather old Mingw version -- for me
downgrading Mingw is not an option)?

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden