[Axiom-developer] Which source distributions should we list?

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Which source distributions should we list?
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 20:18:30 -0700 (PDT)

Looking at the AxiomSources pages, a couple of questions come to mind.

1.  What are the "approved" sources for AxiomGold?  I am assuming CVS
on Savannah and Sourceforge?

2.  Is the most current tarball still from 2005?

3.  Silver is moving from arch to Git (the primary motivation for
updating the sources page).  Is Google still a valid mirror of
AxiomSilver via the git-svn link?  Which svn mirrors (if any) can be
assumed to be in sync with what I assume is the master branch of git
silver?

4.  About the testing branches listed for GNU Arch - are those now
replaced with branches in Git Silver?  Are they still active at all?
Is there any work in them that has not been folded in to other
branches?

5.  The subversion branches I assume are all still active, or should
the daly branch be removed now that Git is coming online?  Also, is
hersen-algebra-improvements still in use?  Does it contain any work not
present in other branches?

6.  Darcs and Mercurial obviously will stay.  (I hadn't noticed the
Dspace work - is that an actual Dspace mirror or code for working with
it?)

I know "BeBold" is the policy but on a page that reflects project wide
direction information like this I want to be sure I have the state of
things correct before I (say) delete all the old arch references.
Adding the Git references and instructions is obvious, but I also feel
this page should only point the readers to the active branches, perhaps
with links in an Archive section to no-longer-actively-developed
branches that have improvements not folded back in.  Because this is a
"representative" page of the Axiom project, I would like to get
feedback on what is needed.

Cheers,
CY

 Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!