Re: [Axiom-developer] Which source distributions should we list?

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Which source distributions should we list?
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 23:40:37 -0400

Hi Cliff,

I think I can answer some of these questions.

2.  Is the most current tarball still from 2005?

This needs to updated with a new tarball.

3.  Silver is moving from arch to Git (the primary motivation for
updating the sources page).  Is Google still a valid mirror of
AxiomSilver via the git-svn link?  Which svn mirrors (if any) can be
assumed to be in sync with what I assume is the master branch of git
silver?

The primary question is what is Silver???  Assuming Git == Silver now,
then trunk and silver directories in Sourceforge need to be removed and
create a new trunk with the Git version. Then wh-sandbox and
build-improvements can be merged back to the trunk in svn when necessary.
Having that, then I think we can ask Ben to recreate the repo from Sourceforge
and Bill can put the update script back. If not then it is better just
to remove
the project from google, which currently is very far behind.

I can help you with the reorganization of the page if need to. This page
also needs to be improved: http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomBinaries

Regards,

Alfredo