bbdb-user

notes for a new record

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: notes for a new record
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 12:21:10 -0400

When I see a gnus article from address A1 (_not_ in BBDB) with To/CC
address A2 (present in BBDB), and I hit ";" and a new record for A1 is
created, I am offered to edit the notes for _all_ records associated
with the article, i.e., both new record for A1 and an old record for A2.
When the old record for A2 has _no_ notes, I have no way to figure out
which record I am editing. This is inconvenient: on several occasions I
added a note to A2 and had to manually move it from A2 to A1, then edit
.bbdb directly to undo the timestamp update for A2.

I wonder if it is possible to present the _new_ record first _always_
for ";" editing.
Right now the notes are presented in the natural order of the records in
BBDB.

Thanks.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2113