bbdb-user

Re: notes for a new record

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: notes for a new record
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 18:42:35 -0400

> * Roland Winkler <jvaxyre@tah.bet> [2022-04-06 12:17:11 -0500]:
>
> Thanks, I believe that by now I understand better what you want to
> achieve.  However, I am not sure it makes sense to provide a (more or
> less) hard-coded solution for your particular problem.

Can you at least provide some sort of record marker when editing
multiple records?
E.g., instead of "Notes: " the prompt should be something like
"Notes(foo@bar.com, 1st of 3): "

> You are using the command `bbdb-mua-edit-field', which is one of the
> "front ends" for the BBDB MUA machinery.  In the code, I had tried to
> separate such high-level stuff from what needs to happen under the hood.
> So `bbdb-mua-edit-field' has just twelve lines of code.  Can you set up
> your own version of this command where you sort and filter the records
> that you want to edit to match your taste / needs?

Probably not.
I guess I will just unbind ";" and use ":" instead (yuk)

Thanks.
--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2113
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com