bbdb-user

Re: notes for a new record

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: notes for a new record
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 16:21:12 -0500

On Tue, Apr 05 2022, Sam Steingold wrote:
> When I see a gnus article from address A1 (_not_ in BBDB) with To/CC
> address A2 (present in BBDB), and I hit ";" and a new record for A1 is
> created, I am offered to edit the notes for _all_ records associated
> with the article, i.e., both new record for A1 and an old record for A2.
> When the old record for A2 has _no_ notes, I have no way to figure out
> which record I am editing. This is inconvenient: on several occasions I
> added a note to A2 and had to manually move it from A2 to A1, then edit
> .bbdb directly to undo the timestamp update for A2.
>
> I wonder if it is possible to present the _new_ record first _always_
> for ";" editing.  Right now the notes are presented in the natural
> order of the records in BBDB.

I cannot confirm this.  Hitting ";" runs `bbdb-mua-edit-field-sender'.
This command only looks at the sender headers defined in
`bbdb-message-headers', which, by default, includes "Resent-From",
"Reply-To", "From", "Sender".  So this should ignore the recipients
headers, and  that's how it works for me.  Maybe I am missing something
about this issue.