bbdb-user

Re: notes for a new record

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: notes for a new record
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 23:28:11 -0500

On Wed, Apr 06 2022, Sam Steingold wrote:
> Can you at least provide some sort of record marker when editing
> multiple records?
> E.g., instead of "Notes: " the prompt should be something like
> "Notes(foo@bar.com, 1st of 3): "

That's a good point.  Normally `bbdb-edit-field' is used to edit just
one field at a time when a brief prompt like "Notes: " is fine.
`bbdb-mua-edit-field' may loop over multiple records when it is not
obvious which record one is editing when.  I'll add an optional arg
to `bbdb-edit-field' so that it can use a more verbose prompt.