Re: generation of gnu/java/locale/*.uni

From: Artur Biesiadowski
Subject: Re: generation of gnu/java/locale/*.uni
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:34:12 +0100

Eric Blake wrote:
Brian Jones wrote:

I'll run what you've checked in through Mauve here and see what
happens.  Do you have time to evaluate the Character implementation
Artur pointed to?  I'm mostly concerned with correctness, I think the
one he pointed to improved efficiency, if not speed.  I'd do this
myself but that would involve time learning how Character/Unicode work.

I just committed an update based on Artur's code.  And since the
database is no longer a binary file, you should have no problems using
it straight out of CVS for another run through Mauve.

Please note that this is not my code - it was written by Jochen Hoenicke.

I think that you might also find it useful:

I don't know how much the implementation differs now and unfortunately I cannot make a check right now, but I suppose that playing with block sizes should not be hard.

Thanks for commiting this stuff - it should make a lot of stuff working a lot faster...

Artur