classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Activation implementation

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Activation implementation
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 15:45:47 -0800

> David Brownell and I are both members of different JSR expert teams
> (I'm on the servlet one, David is on the xml one I think) and have
> been frustrated by the lack of clout the FSF seems to have in the java
> world.

Actually I'm not on the XML one.  Maybe I'd join if they asked nicely,
though as a SAX maintainer I'd have to be sure not to give Sun any
legal claim on that work.

Related: I turned down the option to be a member of the "javax.usb"
team, since one requirement to join it seemed to be placing a major
cloud over the original Java USB API.  That API was/is LGPL
(http://jusb.sourceforge.net).  The agreement to join it seemed to
require ceding Sun all the IPR for that API, and SCPL licensing
doesn't play well with (L)GPL ...

- Dave