classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Activation implementation

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Activation implementation
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:20:43 -0800

Curious.  Maybe that's the exception that shows the rule?  :)

A see a few classes in javax.mail.internet that do that
(looking just at the GNU classes).  Several of those look
like cleaned-up versions of some APIs I recall living in
the "sun.*" hierarchy back in JDK 1.0 days, before folk
at Sun started to push "javax.*" for all such APIs that
were widely needed but not worth the "java.*" costs.
Particularly the "base64" and "uuencode" I/O support!

- Dave