classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Activation implementation

From: Michael Gratton
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Activation implementation
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 10:12:12 +1030

Nic Ferrier wrote:

Nonsense. Everyone _and_ his dog has a mail API. Do a search and you
pull out loads.

Well, doing a search on Google for "java imap api" brings up a few dozen pages
of Javamail links (interestingly, ClasspathX turns up at the end of page 4). Granted,
that's a few seconds of reasearch, but I usually find Google to be reliable in finding
this kind of thing for me.

I guess it's just a lack of research on my part. OTOH, last year, I spent some
time looking for a simple SMTP implementation, and I only dug up one
non-Javamail implementation.

The FSF's java efforts have been porrly focused. ClasspathX is a part
of the movement to change that.

Excellent! That's good to hear.

--
Mike Gratton <address@hidden>
  Leader in leachate production and transmission since 1976.