dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] 2.1.0-pre8 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.1.0-pre8 posted
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:02:16 +0200

Hi,

A number of important issues came up that needed to be fixed before the
official 2.1.0 release. These included:

1. Linux 2.6 LSM stacking was not working correctly. Even though modules
thought they were stacking on top of Dazuko correctly, their hooks were
never being called.

2. Linux 2.6 kernels without the commoncap module were having problems
when Dazuko was loaded. Dazuko's dummy capability function was not doing
what it should have.

3. For Linux 2.6.13 the device API was changed.

All three of these items have been fixed with 2.1.0-pre8 along with
support for suspend under Linux 2.6 and updated perl, python, ruby, and
lua language bindings.

2.1.0-pre8 is now far superior to 2.0.6 because of its many bugfixes and
enhancements. It is important that it is released soon. So far all
people who reported problems with 2.1.0-pre7 have verified that they
have been fixed. I consider 2.1.0-pre8 ready to be the official 2.1.0
release, but I will sit on it a week and see if anything turns up.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer