dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] Device file events

From: Abhishek Nayani
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Device file events
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 01:21:42 -0600

Hi John,

>>> John Ogness <address@hidden> 09/02/05 12:32 pm >>>
>Dazuko uses LSM for Linux 2.6. LSM generates *many* events for devices
and
>directories, which caused many unnecessary context- switches resulting
in
>performance problems. For this reason Dazuko for Linux 2.6 was
confined to
>only generate events for regular files and links.

Currently, Dazuko only supports "Open" and "Exec" events on 2.6 using
LSM.
Since dazuko registers the "inode_permission" hook, all the events
which are
generated are because of open or exec, which are what we need. Can you

expand on what you mean by "many" events ? Also, the context switches
happen
only when the user registers for the dev directory, so I guess they do
not come
into the picture unless the user actually wants to listen to them.

Regards,
Abhi.