ddd

Re: DDD-3.3.8 on HPUX-11.x

From: Tom Wurgler
Subject: Re: DDD-3.3.8 on HPUX-11.x
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:46:20 -0500 (EST)

I have ignition!

My systems man installed the HP patch PHSS_28869 (28871 was for 11.11).

I then rebuilt gcc using Andrew's suggestion:

         ../configure --with-gnu-as --with-as=/usr/local/bin/as

and gcc built all the way using the GNU "as".

I then reuilt ddd 3.3.8 with a simple

./configure --prefix=mypath

And it built with gcc all the way.  However, when I attempted to run it
it failed and gave me a message about reporting the bug.

But I then used Andrew's note about replacing "-lXm" with "/usr/lib/libXm.a"
in the ddd/Makefile.

Now all seems to work great.  I'll try it alot more tomorrow...

Thanks to everybody!

tom

             Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information.
       May not be copied or disseminated without express written consent
                     of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.