Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Welcome and brief update

From: Darrin Eden
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Welcome and brief update
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:46:47 -0800

Ettus, Matt wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Rogers [mailto:address@hidden

One need only to connect this chip to an existing data bus with enough capacity (12bits * 40Msps = 480 Mbps, at least). This would mean (in my experience) pretty much either pci, gigabit ethernet, or Firewire-2.

I'm actually working on a high end syste, like this.  It is USB2 based,
instead of firewire.  It has 4 analog inputs (10 bits, 60 MS/s), 4 analog
outputs (12 bits, 120 MS/s).  We're about to get prototype boards made, and
it will eventually be sold in the $200 to $400 range, depending on
configuration.  Hopefully by late summer it will be available.
Too good to be true. Sign me up for at least one.

Agreed that USB 2.0 is more practical.

Any thoughts on how it would interface to a radio front end tuning the 2.4GHz ISM band?

-Darrin