RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Welcome and brief update

From: Ettus, Matt
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Welcome and brief update
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:25:44 -0800

> Too good to be true. Sign me up for at least one.
>
> Agreed that USB 2.0 is more practical.
>
> Any thoughts on how it would interface to a radio front end
> tuning the
> 2.4GHz ISM band?

We've made as few limitations on that as possible.  It could use baseband
signals, but it is really designed for IF sampling.

On receive, the incoming signal would have to be in the 0 to 300 MHz range,
and you wouldn't really want your signal to straddle any multiple of 30MHz.
Antialiasing would have to be handled on the downconverter.

On transmit, the outgoing signal could be anywhere in the 0 to 55 MHz MHz
range.

There are also several digital control lines and a couple of serial ports of
various flavors which would help in sequencing and control of the RF
sections.

On the board is a 300k-gate FPGA for control and digital
downconversion/upconversion.

Matt