Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 2.6 release!

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 2.6 release!
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:48:08 -0800

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 02:03:52PM +1030, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 12:05, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > On Saturday 10 December 2005 20:41, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> > > I should correct this. The documentation for gnuradio-core doesn't get
> > > installed using the new tarballs, however, other docs such as those for
> > > the usrp module are installed. Has anyone built and installed the new
> > > release using the tarballs and did it install the docs for gnuradio-core?
> >
> > Did you download the gnuradio-core-2.6-doc.tar.gz?
>
> Thanks for the info. I haven't downloaded gnuradio-core-2.6-doc.tar.gz as
> it's
> not mentioned on the download page. I'm was unaware that the docs have now
> been split.

Just to clarify, the docs haven't been split off, they're just not
built by default.  The time it was taking was generating complaints
from several quarters.

To build them:

  $ cd gnuradio-core/doc
  $ make; make install

gnuradio-core-2.6-doc.tar.gz is the output of doxygen, and was primarily
uploaded to fix a link on the main web page that says "2.x Docs (Download)"

Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

Eric