[Discuss-gnuradio] Binary packaging problems on x86_64

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Binary packaging problems on x86_64
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 07:09:56 +1030

G'day,

I noticed a problem when building GNU Radio on x86_64 platforms. GNU Radio for
some reasons insists to install them into ${prefix}/lib64 where as pkgsrc
expects them in ${prefix}/lib.

<quote>
# GR_X86_64()
#
# Checks to see if we're on a x86_64 machine, and if so, ensure
# that libdir ends in "64"
#
</quote>

Whilst GNU Radio builds fine on x86_64, it fails to create the binary packages
for it since it can't find gnuradio-core and gnuradio-core-qa libs. Are libs
on this platform always installed into lib64 or is this a quirk on GNU Radio?

I'm clueless since I don't run this platform.

cheerio Berndt