Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] My First HDTV screenshot from USRP

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] My First HDTV screenshot from USRP
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 18:02:56 -0700

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 08:40:55PM -0400, Charles Swiger wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 21:45 -0700, mao mao wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Finally, I got my first HDTV screenshot tonight. It's
> > from KTVU's "The Loop".
> >
> > Here's how I did it:
>
> > 6) Feed the 20Ms/s real data into Gnuradio 0.9's
> > atsc_rx.
> >

> Veery inspiring - here's my nearby station on 41 (632-638M), about
> 10 miles away, holding a scanner antenna indoors:
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/cswiger/photos/wchs-41.jpg

Looks like a nice clean signal.

> The conversion makes sense - however I cannot get gnuradio-0.9/atsc_rx
> to compile (yet).

<soapbox-mode>

  You know, I wish you guys would quit screwing around with the 0.9
  code, and instead help us *all* move forward by investing some time
  in porting it to 2.x.  The framework is already set up, and the
  first 4 blocks have been ported and tested.  I'd really like some
  people to step up and finish it off.  It's in CVS under gr-atsc.
  We've also got *much* faster filtering algorithms in 2.x.  We might
  even be able to get it running in real time on a dual processor
  machine.  Today's machines are a lot faster than when we first wrote it.

</soapbox-mode>

Let me know if you've got any questions.

Eric