Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] State of HDTV 2

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] State of HDTV 2
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:05:55 -0700

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 03:45:48PM -0400, Charles Swiger wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 15:23 -0400, Charles Swiger wrote:
>
> > Looking closer at the De/Interleaver - I see the implementation
> > code (atsci) for that already exists but is convolutional
> > interleaver == data interleaver ?
> >

> Ok, I see that  atsci_data_interleaver.h  includes
> convolutional_interleaver.h   includes
> interleaver_fifo.h,  so the answer is YES.
>
> So, all we need to do is look at how atsc_rs_encode and
> atsc_rs_decode both use atsci_reed_solomon and use
> that as an example of how to create an  atsc_interleaver
> and atsc_deinterleaver  from atsci_data_interleaver.

Pretty much so.

Also be sure to look at GrAtscDeinterleaver.cc and
GrAtscInterleaver.cc, especially the comments about "pipeline info is
handled in the primitive".  Looks like that's handled differently in
the RS encoder than in the interleaver.

  for (unsigned int i = 0; i < output.size; i++){
    // pipeline info is handled in the primitive
    deinterleaver.deinterleave (out[i], in[i]);
  }

Eric