Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with WXGUI Widgets

From: Jason Abele
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with WXGUI Widgets
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:19:01 -0700

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Jordan Otomo <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 25, 2011, at 1:38 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:
>>
>> > That FAQ does list all of the install directories; I was just a bit more
>> > explicit in my email about where they are (subdirs in lib and share, for
>> > example; and I missed the bin directories). That should be it; anything
>> > else
>> > shouldn't be causing you  problems.
>> >
>> > What OS are you running? Are you building with cmake or autotools? Any
>> > configure-time failures?
>>

>> I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 and am building with cmake.  I don't have any
>> configure-time failures.  The only disabled components are gr-comedi and
>> gr-shd.  Again, I appreciate your help.
>
> At a loss right now. Have you tried any of the examples in the code?
> uhd_fft.py or anything in gnuradio-examples/grc?
> How about the qtgui? gr-qtgui/examples/pyqt_example_c.py?
> I have run all of these on both Ubuntu 10.04 and 11.10.

So I had a weird thing happen to my wx on Ubuntu 11.04 the other day.
After an update of something not wx-related, my python-wx was horribly
broken.

You can test if that is the case with:

python -c "import wx; print wx.version()"

I was able to remedy the issue by removing and reinstalling wx:

sudo apt-get --purge remove python-wxgtk2.8 wx2.8-headers
libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxbase2.8-dev libwxbase2.8-0

sudo apt-get install python-wxgtk2.8 wx2.8-headers libwxgtk2.8-0
libwxbase2.8-dev libwxbase2.8-0 gnuplot gnuplot-x11 isag
libwxbase2.8-0 libwxbase2.8-dev libwxgtk2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-dev
python-wxgtk2.8 wx2.8-headers

Hope that helps you
Jason