Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with WXGUI Widgets

From: Jordan Otomo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with WXGUI Widgets
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:37:18 -0700 (PDT)

The WX GUI examples exhibit the same behavior, but the QT examples do work.
However, if I try to use a QT time sink in GRC, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jotomo/Desktop/top_block.py", line 57, in <module>
    tb = top_block()
  File "/home/jotomo/Desktop/top_block.py", line 39, in __init__
    self.top_layout.addWidget(self._qtgui_time_sink_x_0_win)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/top_block.py", line
94, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._tb, name)
AttributeError: 'gr_top_block_sptr' object has no attribute 'top_layout'

There seems to be many problems with my installation, as other blocks fail in
GRC too.  For example, the PSK demod block from gr-digital gives:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jotomo/Desktop/top_block.py", line 64, in <module>
    tb = top_block()
  File "/home/jotomo/Desktop/top_block.py", line 35, in __init__
    mod_code=gray,
NameError: global name 'gray' is not defined

I will try Jason's solution and see if that cures anything.  Thanks for all the
help!