Re: Newbie Question about the DBKit

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Newbie Question about the DBKit
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 09:17:58 +0100 (CET)

Martin =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=E4cker?= <dont.wanna.tell@web.de> wrote:

> Salve!
>
> Uhm, I dont really know how to ask this, but here I go...
>
> Is it possible to use the DBKit under Mac OS X?

You mean the gdl (GNUstep Database Library), don't you?

The DBKit was what existed on NeXTSTEP (not OpenStep) before EOF.

I don't know of  any reason why gdl could not be  compiled and used on
MacOSX. In addition, it's under the  LGPL, therefore it can be used by
any   kind  of   application.   See  gnustep/dev-libs/db/INSTALL   and
gnustep/dev-libs/db/COPYING.LIB.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__              (o_ Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email //\ the computer industry all around