Re: Newbie Question about the DBKit

From: Stephen Peters
Subject: Re: Newbie Question about the DBKit
Date: 29 Jan 2002 09:31:48 -0500

Helge Hess <helge.hess@skyrix.com> writes:

> Martin Häcker wrote:
> >> Anyway, writing an adaptor which works without a database would
> >> certainly be an interesting and not too difficult thing (eg using
> >> libMySQL ?)
> >
> > Uh oh... I´l probably have to learn a lot more before I can do such
> > "interesting" things. <g>
> >
> > Just to do a bold question: Could "interesting" mean that you could do
> > it in about half an hour? <ggg>
>
> No, I don't think so. About 2 hours learning libMySQL, maybe another 2
> hours for implementing the adaptor. But indeed it might be worth the
> effort, I'll take a look later this week.

After talking with Helge offline and doing some investigation on
libmysqld, it might actually be less than that.  It may just mean
taking the existing MySQL GDL adaptor, adding a few calls and changing
the link line.  Might be best done through an extra configure option
for the mysql adaptor.

--
Stephen L. Peters                                  portnoy@portnoy.org
  PGP fingerprint: A1BF 5A81 03E7 47CE 71E0  3BD4 8DA6 9268 5BB6 4BBE