Re: Newbie Question about the DBKit

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: Newbie Question about the DBKit
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:18:58 +0100

Martin Häcker wrote:
Anyway, writing an adaptor which works without a database would certainly be an interesting and not too difficult thing (eg using libMySQL ?)

Uh oh... I´l probably have to learn a lot more before I can do such "interesting" things. <g>

Just to do a bold question: Could "interesting" mean that you could do it in about half an hour? <ggg>

No, I don't think so. About 2 hours learning libMySQL, maybe another 2 hours for implementing the adaptor. But indeed it might be worth the effort, I'll take a look later this week.

The major problem with writing adaptors is usually working around database API limitations (eg say BLOB and Sybase ;-).

Greetings
  Helge
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com
Web Application Technology for Enterprises