Re: Gnustep + mac + windows?)

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows?)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:49:56 +0200

Saibot wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Kiefer" <FredKiefer@gmx.de>
As Richard noted despite all the requests for it there hasn't been much feedback on the Windows backend.

I personally didn't see the announcement...

Adam did announce it for the 0.8.0 release of gui and back:
   In addition there is now a window server backend for Windows
   computers, although it is in a very alpha state.
As we think it is no big deal to write a GNUstep backend, we don't boost much about doing it.

Now, where is that InstallGnuStep.exe ?
More seriously, where is the windows-install-HOWTO?

There a three of them, all inside of make/Documentation, they are: README.Cygwin, README.MinGW and README.MinGWOnCygwin. You should use whichever fits your favorit Win32 development environment. I always work in the last one, but this is just a personal choice.