Re: The Path of GNUstep (Was: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows? Possible?)

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: The Path of GNUstep (Was: Re: Gnustep + mac + windows? Possible?)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:14:47 +0200

Hi Helge,

On 2002-09-28 16:33 Uhr, "Philippe C.D.Robert" <philippe.robert@gmx.net>
wrote:
Seeing is believing, so I guess if there was an easy way to install a
GNUstep desktop then many would become interested in the project and
more important, become active contributors! Hence my question, what
would it take to create an installation script similar to the one found
in early Gnome desktop versions which installs GNUstep, GWorkspace and
other core applications (GNUMail, Terminal, Preferences, Gorm,
ProjectCenter, EasyDiff and so on ... there are a bunch already!)?

I agree 100%. The thing which is missing is "RedCarpet". Without it, it
would be probably almost impossible for most people to get a recent &
working GNOME system.

This would be terrific, but I would already be happy if we had sth like installer.sh (or how it was called on Rhapsody DRx, I don't remember) or Irix's inst command. More sophisticated features and/or a GUI can always be added later...

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip