Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:52:24 +0200

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
> >I'd say that since most Windows users tend to use their apps maximised
> >to fullscreen, there is no radical difference to the Mac menu bar - the
> >difference here though is that on Windows context sensitive menus are
> >much more common and much more used.
>
> Despite it looks nearly identical there is a HUGE difference: Those
> fullscreen Windows menus are still NOT AT THE EDGE of the screen. On the
> Mac I move the mouse with a short quick twitch of my wrist against that
> top edge and hit the menus while on Windows I have to move the mouse
> slowly so that I don't miss the menu.

OK, the size of the difference is a matter of personal perception, I'd say, no
matter whether you call it HUGE or huge or whatever ...:-)
Once you have selected your menu you have to slowly (carefully?) choose the
correct menu entry, whether you are on a Mac or Windows or any other system.

> I speak here out of real life experience since I have to use Win 2k while
> on work but got a Mac at home.

Ah I don't, I usually have bad dreams and when I wake up I immediately
share them on this list...*grin* No, to be serious, I guess everyone here
speaks out of real life experience. And I guess some of us even have to
use Windows or some other strange system from time to time.

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert     |  VNET# 559-1565
Core Rendering           |  Office: +41 (0)32 732 15 65