Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues
Date: 08 Apr 2003 22:13:04 +0200

Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> writes:

> On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 11:24  am, David Ayers wrote:
>
> > I haven't looked into how it is broke, but please fix it, and then
> > ask all app maintainers to update thier nibs which they have saved
> > since it was broken, before they announce an official release, if
> > they use gnustep cvs.
>
> Assuming it actually is broken (I haven't checked personally) I
> emphatically agree.

Yes, it is.  I noticed a while ago and in a private mail notified
Serg Stoyan.

Although I think that most people are aware of the policy of
encoding format to my knowledge it is quite easy to be not
aware of it.
So to be fair, I think Serg just wasn't told and probably
not aware of the policy.

This episode points to some problems in how GNUstep is developed.
People writing code and bugfixes are not necessary people
who are aware of all the intricatices and policies of GNUstep/OpenStep.
And in my opinion we do not want to scare away people who
are willing to devote time to improving GNUstep but are not
old time NeXT steppers.  But I do not have a clear idea
how to improve this situation.

Wim Oudshoorn.