RE: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues

From: Vaisburd, Haim
Subject: RE: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:58:39 -0700

Hi List,

Alexander Malmberg <alexander@malmberg.org> wrote:

> David Ayers wrote:
> > I think that a integration with the
> > native desktop envirmenmt is important. Maybe it shouldn't be first
> > proiority, and maybe not in the -gui library itself (I just don't know
> > which approach is best).

> However, this is not one of GNUstep's goals at all, and it does not fit
> into the current design of -gui and -back.

I'm not a core developer and I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to speak
on that topic, but I support Alexander Malmberg's position. I would rather
see
GNUstep application running unmodified in any environment.

I think the current -gui design is even less important than the ultimate
goal of
having the GUI we consider best.

Thank you,
Tima.