Re: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 23:43:41 +0200

Manuel Guesdon wrote:
Mine is better (TM) :-)

No, if you want to look at mine, do so, otherwise I'm fine too ;-)

More seriously, I think we could take the one wich has the more features and which is the more orthogonal; next add missing feature from the other(s) one(s) and may be some methods to avoid introducing too much changes in applications which use the other(s) one(s).

There is no "one-right-way" to do a MIME library. People should choose the API they like most.

A requirement (IMHO), is to put the resulting library/framework on GNUstep cvs
dev-lib and avoid dependencies n non LGPL
code (of course).

You can do what you like if you comply to the license. We won't assign copyright to FSF, so if this is a requirement you may need to go with Pantomime. On the other side I don't see a point in adding such high level libraries to the GNUstep CVS.

Greetings
  Helge