Re: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 12:34:37 +0200

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 12:00 PM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
In my understanding Pantomime's primary goal is to implement the javax.mail API (which came out long after we started NGMime/NGImap4). IMHO this is a good choice (I also always wanted to make things more javax.mail like).

Not too bad, but like most Java APIs it is far too big. I prefer a smaller selection of more flexible methods and classes.

Somewhat related, did somebody consider implementing a clone of the Message.framework for GNUstep? It has only basic email sending capabilities and is very easy to use, but for many developers this would be exactly what is needed.

Besides, why does this thread exist at all? Helge announced the availability of a (new) library to be used freely, and instead of saying "Thank You" I only see people asking "Why...". This seems rather weird to me. Having the choice is IMHO a Good Thing - esp. since the common argument (the lack of developer resources) does not hold here...:-)

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip