Re: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: skyrix-core-42 available
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 23:24:41 -0500

 As a non-professional, incapable developer,
 I truely hope that there is an official library for such things.
 Otherwise, I always have to worry about whether the libraries
 my application depends on will not be maintained in the future,
 and I'm not able to do that by myself.
 For example, I'm looking for a XML and socket Objective-C library.
 But the only one I can trust is to use GSXML and
 the NSFileHandle extension because I know they will be maintained.
 I know some others may be better, but if they die,
 my applications die along with them. :(
 Actually I don't care whether GNUstep is OPENSTEP/Cocoa compatible.
 I use it because it is great and consistent.
 Actually I love these GS classes and extension/additions
 because they are pretty useful.
 I also hope there are something like regular expression,
 a socket (not NSFileHandler), MD5, etc.
 They are so basical and very handy than working on the C libraries.

 Anyway, just my personal opinions.
 They are too many things needed to be considered.

 Yen-Ju