Re: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt

From: Jim Rankin
Subject: Re: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:55:44 -0500

On Feb 3, 2004, at 3:58 PM, Alex Perez wrote:

There is also potential value in being able to have an ObjC backend to an
app on win32.

I totally agree.

Is it feasible to implement a .Net front end that would call an ObjC backend? I guess what would be needed is a bridge from C# to C, from where you would call ObjC. Maybe wrap up the C interface in a .dll then call that from COM?

I saw that someone created a .dll from the open source CF code. If something similar could be done for GnuStep Foundation, we might have something.

This is just wild speculation on my part, though. Anyone more knowledgeable want to comment?

-jimbo

Excelsior! XML Marshaller for Cocoa
http://www.homepage.mac.com/jimbokun/Excelsior.html