Re: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt

From: Florent Pillet
Subject: Re: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:34:11 +0100

I'd go farther than that. A Windows port itself is not enough. What is needed is a way to somehow shrink-wrap an application with the GNUStep frameworks so that, in the end, the user just has to run an installer and doesn't need to know that GS is the running support for the app.

I don't know how this can be done (or has been planned for) from an architectural point of view.

OTOH, if Apple would somehow revive the Yellow box I'd be happy too. I'd even be happy to pay for it, as long as it allows me to seamlessly port my apps...

Florent