Re: GNUstep.sh / env sanity patches

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep.sh / env sanity patches
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:40:28 -0600

On Aug 19, 2004, at 4:34 AM, Dennis Leeuw wrote:

Maybe we should indeed keep GNUstep-make simple. You'll have the tree that consistes of System, Local, Network and those are relocateable during configure to / or /usr/GNUstep or whatever. But I think we shouldn't touch the rest of the tree. If people feel that the libs from Library/Libraries should live in /usr/lib... use GNOME or KDE ;)

But once you make it configurable, how do you stop people from putting things were they want? (perhaps put up a dialog box: "Sorry, GNUstep libraries were detected in an unofficial location. GNUstep will now terminate..." :-)

In fact you can almost configure the location of everything now. The current proposal will just simplify things.