Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:41:01 -0400

On Oct 10, 2005, at 10:56 PM, Andrew Ruder wrote:

Hello all,

I am proposing that GNUstep migrate to using subversion (instead of
CVS).

I'm also in favor of this (keeping it on gnu.org if possible).. have used subversion for a couple of years now and while it has quirks as mentioned, the benefits are worth it. I've not used the WEBDAV server though, and frankly haven't seen the benefits of it (vs. the setup complexity). Direct access and over-ssh have worked for us.

We should definitely have a page somewhere on the wiki that goes over the repository layout we settle on as well as a rundown of commonly used commands (like the patch diff incantations posted) that might not be easy for newcomers to remember/find.