Re: FOSDEM Arrangements

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: FOSDEM Arrangements
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 20:51:44 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 05:41:18PM +0000, David Chisnall wrote:
> On 13 Dec 2010, at 15:24, Quentin Mathé wrote:
>
> >> I poked DBUSKit a bit and it definitely looks like a thing that's worth
> >> advertising and some demos.  If Niels doesn't want to give a long talk,
> >> maybe we could have a few 'system integration' lightning talks and have
> >> other people talk about the UXTheme / GNOME Theme stuff and anything else
> >> of relevance?
> >
> > Agreed. Having a talk about theming even if it's short sounds important, at
> > least to show GNUstep is really motivated into supporting high-quality
> > themes and integration in various environments.
> > The DBusKit fits well in this perspective and the app example Niels wrote
> > seemed pretty exciting to me. Few yours ago, I wrote some DBus code (using
> > the basic C lib and the glib-based lib) and it wasn't a completely pleasant
> > experience.
>
> So, can we schedule an hour for four 15 minute talks (10 minutes + setup /
> questions) about using GNUstep with other environments?  Anyone else want to
> add some topics for this?

I also think that having a few talks about integration into other
environments is a pretty good idea and I'm happy to talk about DBusKit a
bit. 10–15 minutes would probably be enough for people to get the gist
of it, but I could also do something more elaborate (~30min?) if there
is sufficient interest (or we have trouble filling all the spots).

Cheers,

Niels