Re: FOSDEM Arrangements

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: FOSDEM Arrangements
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 23:05:36 +0100

Le 12 déc. 2010 à 16:26, David Chisnall a écrit :

> On 12 Dec 2010, at 14:59, Niels Grewe wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 05:17:08PM +0000, David Chisnall wrote:
>>> Getting in on Friday morning would require me to leave in the middle of the
>>> night, so I probably won't do that.  I could probably get there around 4pm,
>>> so time for a bit of hacking, an early dinner, and then a lot of beer.
>>>
>>> They pay for three nights of hotel, so I might stay Sunday night and head
>>> back on Monday, if other people are going to be hanging around on Sunday
>>> evening.  I think I have to go to the speakers' dinner on Saturday night,
>>> so I can't join in a GNUstep meal (unless you all want to come to the
>>> dinner?), but I could meet people for hacking / more beer afterwards.
>>
>> I will be arriving on Friday afternoon and a little gettogether before
>> the beer event would be nice (I had a hard time finding anybody last
>> time…) Since there is no chance that I can get back to where I live on
>> Sunday, I'd probably be leaving Monday morning.
>
> I think I'll try to do the same.  Arrive late afternoon on Friday, leave
> Monday morning.

I'll arrive on Fridary afternoon and leave Monday too.

> How long I spend at the beer event will largely depend on whether I have to
> give a talk on Saturday morning...

I'm tempted by a shorter beer event. We could have our own beer event possibly
too. I wouldn't mind to go to a quieter or less crowded place.

>> BTW: What did become of the plan to get a discounted group booking at a
>> hotel?
>

> It would be a good idea.  I think I have to go to whichever hotel the
> organisers put me in, so hopefully I can find out what that is, and maybe try
> to find one nearby for everyone else.  If we can get a list of people who are
> definitely going, then we can try contacting some hotels and see if they want
> to offer a discount.

I added myself to the FOSDEM page on the wiki.

For the talks, I submitted two proposals: Étoilé Progresses and EtoileUI

Otherwise I'd be interested to hear talks about:
- CoreBase and CoreGraphics/Opal in GNUstep
- GNUstep Progresses and Roadmap
- DBusKit
- EtoileText (… I'm especially curious about the possibility to leverage OMeta
to write the tree transform rules)
- LanguageKit Progresses

Cheers,
Quentin.