Re: MacPorts GNUstep

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: MacPorts GNUstep
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 14:47:41 +0200

Hi,

after fixing gnustep-base (and making minor changes to gnustep-make to get
-base to compile) that I've talked about, compiling gnustep-gui and
system-preferences went without problems.

Gorm does not compile (I did not yet investigate why, apart from missing
GSNibItem) and GNUMail can't be compiled because of problems with compiling
poppler, unrelated to GNUstep.

I'm however very interested in issues with compiling Zcode. I've got all these
programs to compile by adjusting Portfile to use gcc-mp-4.4 (MacPorts GCC,
version 4.4.5). However, Zcode uses Objective-C 2.0 features such as
properties, so I went and forced use of clang from MacPorts.

I'm getting this very confusing issue:

The-Evil-MacBook:Zcode ivucica$ openapp ./Zcode
Module (null) version 9 doesn't match runtime 8
Abort trap

Any ideas on how to investigate what the problem is would be appreciated. I'd
like to get this to work before moving on to upgrading all libraries to latest
releases.

--
Ivan Vučica
ivan@vucica.net - http://ivan.vucica.net/