Re: MacPorts GNUstep

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: MacPorts GNUstep
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 22:42:51 +0200

Hi,

In interests of sharing current work on getting MacPorts to work, my porfiles
have been dropped in my public Dropbox folder:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8559454/gnustep-macports-ivucica_1.zip

Since I have these files in /Users/ivucica, this is what I have added in
/opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf
file:///Users/ivucica/ivucicaMacPorts/

I'd really love to hear experiences and thoughts. I'm new at creating
Portfiles, and this is pretty much untested on anything except my local
machine. I did not force port "gcc44" to be installed, but both gnustep-make
and gnustep-base ports assume that you have it installed. Getting feedback
would mean that someone else is interested in this, and that I can perhaps
exchange thoughts with another interested party.

To test, after configuring as described above:
sudo port install gnustep-make gnustep-base gnustep-gui system-preferences

Here's a screenshot; SystemPreferences.app looks really lovely under OS X :)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8559454/gnustep-macports-ivucica_1.png